Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Found Art Project Reflection: "Forest Face"

I didn't think much of my found art project (for ideas), as I collected pieces for it. I was really open to what I might create once the time came and I had to put imagination into creation. I of course loved the trip to Bailley Homestead and Chellberg Farms, so taking random things on the walk was fun and easy.

When it came time to create something, I really just let the objects become something. It seemed like it was going fast but as I looked at my creation, I enjoyed everything about it. The pieces all seem to fit to make some sort of a face. That was several weeks ago, and a lot has happened both in, and out of class, since then.

Now, I find myself constantly looking at the piece on the wall in my art classroom. I look at it, and the piece that I created helps me to remember so much more about the trip that we took that day, the weather, conversations that I had, information about the location, and the class in which I created that piece. I feel a clear connection between content, emotions, and experience when I look at "Forest Face".

No comments:

Post a Comment