Thursday, December 11, 2014

Van Gogh meets Dr. Seuss

In an older project that I took down this week, I realized I had not included it in my previous blogs. The project was to take a Van Gogh painting done in the Impressionism style and mix the art with something that we could create in Dr. Seuss's style. I think it would be fun to do this during Dr. Seuss week (which I don't know if all schools celebrate). It was a fun project because it encouraged us to re-work somebody else's art while simultaneously making our own.

I learned that the Impressionism style is done with layers of paint and many brushstrokes, with only primary colors. To achieve the balance and colors that they wanted, the artists really had to know how to mix contrasting colors and schemes that would produce the paintings that they wanted. I think that both of the styles used brought artwork that encouraged thought and are still largely appreciated today.

No comments:

Post a Comment